1. How important do I think it is to use technology in my future classroom?
Technology is a solution to differentiate instruction in the classroom. Both teachers and students can benefit from technology. Teachers can create lessons to engage our students, and students can learn and interact with the lessons.
2. Describe in detail at least two ways I think using technology will make me more productive or make my instruction better when I become a teacher. (Type at least 4 sentences for each of the ways.)
- In the classroom, technology can not only create my lesson plan but it will allow me to have such an easier time of revising and editing as I see change is needed; lesson plans are always in need of improvement, when becoming out dated.
- Technology can make the classroom productive. When teaching students with different learning styles; especially students who are more hands on (kinestetic).
3. Describe in detail at least two of the most important benefits (21st century reasons) I think using technology will offer students in my future classroom. (Type at least 4 sentences for each of these benefits.)
- Communication and Collaboration is a skills that is well needed feel for both learning in the classroom and workplace. In most situations, it involves more than one person. It's important that students learn to communicate and interact with one another; also for these students to learn to collaborate with each other. Goals are more common to be accomplished by a group instead of one individual.
- Nonlinear Thinking is also a 21st century skill that I feel is important in my classroom. Allowing my student to think critically or "outside the box" as most say is the solution to solving problems. Students should learn to handle more than one situation or multi-task (create multiple solutions to one problem).
4. What kinds of technologies do I hope to have in my future classroom?
In my future classroom, I hope to have computers, SMARTBoard and video cameras. Students of course can research on a given topic in class, the SMARTBoard can be used to engage my students in class and will have the ability interact with the lesson. As an English teacher, students may get bored with writing essays; so I would differentiate my lessons by allowing the students to create video responses with a short written response.5. How do I plan to manage the use of technology in my classroom?
To manage technology in the classroom, students will be given assigned and scheduled time to use computers, SMARTBoard, and any other technologies to assure that every student will have an opportunity to use in the classroom.
6. How do I plan to promote digital citizenship and responsibility when students use technology in my classroom?
In most common classrooms from grades 6-12, it's required for students to review and sign a waiver to use classroom computers. Also in the classroom, there will be guidelines posted; if these guidelines are broken, an alternative assignment will be created for those who can't follow. The student's computer privileges will be revoked until a conference is scheduled between a parent/guardian and myself if possible to do so.
7. How do I plan to ensure all students get equal access to available technologies in my classroom?
Because I am unsure of the computers that are available in my classroom and throughout the school, I plan to create a schedule when students will have time to have computer access. With a time limit to the computers students will need to complete their work in the time that they are given. My alternative plan, to give them a short time extension.
8. How do I plan to use technology to accommodate students with special needs?
To accommodate students with special needs, (depending on the disability) a larger print will be set to a specific computer for students who have visual disabilities, if the student is blind, sound will be available (headphones will also be available to lower the amount of distractions). Pictures can be used for those students who are hearing impaired. In a few years, I will be fluent in American Sign Language and I can also interpret for any students who are deaf.